Code of Conduct Sport
St. Fintan’s Primary School - Mountrath
Code of Conduct - Sports
How I treat Myself
· If I play below my best but try my best, I should not blame myself for a defeat. A defeat, the same as a victory, is brought about by a team.
Players from opposing teams
· I should shake hands before & after the match
· I should treat our opponents with respect
· I should wish them well whether they win or lose.
· I should never deliberately hit an opponent.
· I should never lose my temper.
Our Own Team Coaches
· I should respect our own team coaches.
· If I’m not picked to play in a match, I shouldn’t complain.
· I should never use bad language.
· I should never be cheeky or back answer our own team coaches.
· If our own team coach is giving a pep talk or advising us, I should not interrupt.
Supporters & Coaches of Other Teams
· I should respect adults supporting and coaching other teams.
· I should not use bad language.
· I should never give cheek to them.
· I should wish them well if I meet them after a game.
· I should respect our fellow players and treat them as part of a team.
· The team includes the players and the substitutes – the full panel.
· I should show loyalty to everyone on our team.
· I should encourage my team mates and support them, even when they make mistakes.
· I should remember my team mates are always trying their best.
· We should play as a team, not as a group of individuals.
· I should respect the referee as he/she is in charge of the match.
· I should never give cheek or use bad language to the referee.
· I should remember that I can never change a referee’s decision no matter what I say or do. A referee’s decision is always final.
· If the referee’s decision seems unfair, I should not give out, sulk, blame other people; instead I should get on with the game.
· I should shake hands with the referee and thank her /him after the game.
When participating in sport organized by St. Fintan’s Primary School, I agree to follow the above Code of Conduct.
Player’s Signature: ________________________
Parent’s Signature: ____________________________
Co. Laois (057) 8732372 email@example.com